Strenghts

Training and Work specific to the farm and ranch. Or brag about what you and your dog were able to accomplish today

Re: Strenghts

Postby Tea on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:00 pm

Ok I got a bit of time. I think my strenghts are I have a great variety of work on a variety of stock in alot on different conditions.
I have a good relationship with my dogs and I think they know we are a team working together.
Tea

Re: Strenghts

Postby LizJ on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:55 pm

I think my only strength at this point is a willingness to learn. We've been going at a very slow pace these last two years and now are in the middle of a series of lessons that are teaching me a great deal about how much I'm interfering with my dog's ability to do the job :). It was a sad lesson but very useful lesson (especially for a person who teaches interpersonal communications!) to realize that the body language I am sending Robin is contrary to the job at hand. My focus at the moment is on correcting the thing that I do that make teaching him difficult.

I guess I"ll add a second strength - I don't blame my dog when things go wrong. We both know who is really at at fault :).
LizJ

Return to Farm / Ranch Work