Training my new owner!!! Part 1

Discussions around the kitchen table
Forum rules
be polite

Training my new owner!!! Part 1

Postby ThreeT on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:28 pm

Hi, My name is Jill. I got a new owner three days ago so thought I might make a post to help other BC going to a new home.If your new owner has never owned a BC they can be really hard to train. You will just have to be patient. When T picked me up he seemed really nice he patted my head and told me I was a pretty thing. I went to the field and showed him how good I was at working sheep. I made a huge outrun lifted the sheep brought them right to Bob and him. I held them there why T ask Bob a bunch of questions. That should have been the first clue of what I was getting into. After they talked for a bit we seperated three sheep and I drove them all over the pasture. I guess T wanted to look at those sheep or something so Bob had me bring them back. Bob told me that will do so we loaded up and headed back to the house. I set on the back porch when they went inside. T pulled some green paper out of his pocket and gave it to Bob.Bob gave him my birth certificate with my family tree on it. I loaded up in T's dogbox and off we went. We had only been on the road for a short time when we stopped. I heard T get out of the truck. In a little bit he came back out opened my door and told this lady that my name was Jill. She ask why I was riding in the dog box instead of up front in the cab. He mumbled something about me being wet and maybe a little stinky. She told him I probably didn't stink any worse than he does when he works sheep. That is when I figured out this has to be his wife. LOL He closed the door and we went a litle ways and stopped again. T got out and ask his wife if she wanted a coffee he was going to get himself one. When he went in the store I heard her get out of the truck. She came back and said her name was Jana and ask if I wanted to ride in the front. I got out real quick and jumped up into the back seat. Jana told me not to worry about getting in trouble. She knew how to drive this truck and T could ride in the back if he didn't like it. T must know who the boss is. When he got in he looked back at me smiled and drove off. Six hours later we pulled in to my new home. I need to go help do the chores. T seems to really struggle with this. I will write later about my first day training T as I don't type the best and time has gotten away from me.
Later Jill
ThreeT

Return to Grab Bag/ Chit Chat